Some 23.5 million Americans are addicted to substances like drugs and alcohol. The negative effects of these substances, however, are not limited to the one taking them. Addiction can damage relationships with friends and family, they can affect one’s livelihood, and damage one’s mental health. It is a serious problem, but only a few seek professional help. It has been found that only one in 10 people seek addiction treatment.
We want to make treatment easy and readily accessible to everyone who needs it. In our Orange County rehabilitation center, we offer a broad range of substance abuse treatment programs, from detoxification to psychotherapeutic programs to address every critical phase of the disease.
Our rehab center is manned by experts in the field. We have a professional staff composed of licensed therapists who work with a patient closely throughout their treatment. We believe that every case is different, which is why we provide every patient who come through our doors with an individualized program.
Our Orange County facility has everything a patient needs to begin rebuilding his or her life. All one needs to do is take the first step.
What is drug rehab?
Drug rehab comprises a full treatment process to remedy addiction. It usually starts with detox and ends with aftercare. Treatments may change depending on the rehab center, but here in our facility, we offer a straightforward and scientifically proven method to put a stop to addiction. We address not only the physical, but also the psychiatric aspects of addiction to ensure the lifelong recovery of our patients. All our programs, from counseling to group therapy, are delivered by licensed therapists and psychologists.
The type of treatment a patient could get depends on the severity of drug use and his or her own mental and physical state. Often, a physician or a psychologist will work with the patient to address certain underlying conditions. This is a far more effective method since substance abuse is often accompanied with another condition.
Options to deal with substance abuse
- This treatment can be done in one’s own home, allowing him or her to go about his daily activities like work or school. In this option, contact with rehabilitation staff are kept at a bare minimum and only occurs during weekly meetings and sessions. Outpatient treatments are effective, but require more self-control, making them only ideal for patients with moderate addiction.
- This option requires patients to stay in a rehabilitation facility for periods of 28-90 days to receive an intensive rehabilitation program. These programs often include exercise, therapy, counseling, and educational sessions, in addition to sessions with family members. An inpatient program requires full commitment, which means that one would need to temporarily step away from responsibilities. This is the better option for those who have suffered heavily from addiction.
Our specialty treatments
Apart from the common treatment programs, such as 12-step models, clinical treatments, and counseling, we offer highly specialized modalities for patients that require special needs.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This treatment is used to treat substance disorders by addressing underlying behavioral and emotional disorders. It works by modifying behaviors that commonly lead to substance abuse and relapse. This is ideal for patients who suffer from certain types of traumas.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. A type of cognitive behavioral therapy that focuses on the psychosocial aspect of addiction. DBT addresses issues that contribute to addiction, such as triggers and negative emotional behavior, making it the ideal treatment for patients with co-occurring problems like depression and anxiety.
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy. One of the most well-known forms of cognitive behavioral therapies. REBT focuses on teaching patients to question their own responses and behavioral patterns, allowing them to work root out a negative behavior on their own. This is also an effective treatment for those with underlying mental and emotional problems.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy. This treatment is used to address the trauma that led to addiction. It is a popular modality in rehab centers offering a holistic approach to rehabilitation.
The treatment process
The rehabilitation process would normally involve the processes listed below. Each one has a critical role to play depending on the level of dependence of the patient.
- This step is all about assessing the condition of the patient, including his or her rate of drug use, physical and mental health, and motivation to undergo treatment. This is used to determine the severity of the case and the right treatment for it.
- Detox seeks to address the withdrawal process. It can be done with the use of certain medications, but in most cases, it is purely social.
- Patients are advised to attend lectures in order to equip themselves with the right knowledge on substance use and staying clean.
- Moving back to society is a delicate process in itself. This phase encompasses support services to help the patient reintegrate and to maintain sobriety for good.
Get help now
Different people require different modes of treatment. This is why we decided to provide everything in one place. If you are suffering from addiction, give us a call at (833) 257-1257. We would be happy to answer all your questions and help you start your journey toward recovery.