What We Treat
We treat a wide variety of addictions and conditions.
At Resurgence, we treat sex addiction simultaneously with substance abuse in a safe, supportive environment.
It is important to start by saying there is no shame in having a sex addiction. Many people hide their addiction from families and loved ones for years for fear of being shunned or ridiculed. It is important to understand that this is a real condition and it has real treatment options.
It may be difficult for you to understand or identify that you have a sexual addiction because people think that sex is a normal part of life — and it is. However, when sex is taken to an extreme, like anything else in life, it can have very negative consequences.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sexual Addiction?
If you are unsure if your sexual behavior is actually an addiction, it is important to ask yourself a series of questions:
- Do you seek multiple sexual partners in a short period of time?
- Do you seek out sex or sexually related materials on the Internet regularly?
- Do you practice unsafe sex frequently?
- Do you have frequent one-time sexual partners?
- Do you have feelings of shame or guilt after a sexual encounter?
- Do you solicit prostitutes to satisfy your sexual urges?
- Do you engage in extreme sexual acts including sex in public places?
- Have you made attempts to try to control your behavior in the past?
- Has your sexual behavior gotten you into trouble with co-workers, friends, and family?
There are also a number of conditions related to sex that can arise, such as sexual rage disorder, anxiety, depression, and violence.
(click here for our treatment groups)
Let Resurgence help you by treating you with dignity and treating your addictions with the most comprehensive dual diagnosis programs available.